Business Unit: Higher Education Group (River Grove,IL) |
Location: ILLINOIS (RIVER GROVE)
Requisition Number: foll-00008957
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a small community college to a large state university system, from the heartland to the inner city, from the East Coast to the West, across Canada and the United States, the needs and requirements of institutions of higher learning are as individual as the students they teach. We are the nation's largest operator of college bookstores, generating more than $2.0 billion in annual sales at more than 830 locations. We also are the industry's premier wholesale book distributor-a leader in helping students manage the increasing cost of a college education. Whether it's a brand-new sweatshirt with a college logo or a used calculus textbook, Follett has always been the place to go. And as more and more shoppers go online, Follett is there as well-efollett.com is now one of the largest online retailers on the Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
Supervises daily purchasing activities. Establishes and maintains vendor relationships and measures performance. Reviews, negotiates, and approves vendor selection, purchasing decisions, orders, pricing, and vendor contracts.
- Supervise buyers including training, hire/fire authority, writing performance appraisals, and taking disciplinary action, when warranted. Orient new hires to departmental functions, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Review departmental production reports. Ensure accuracy of values posted to database. Prepare and distribute departmental status reports.
- Maintain vendor price agreements, requisition templates, and records that detail status of contractual purchasing minimums to ensure that adequate amount of product orders to secure benefits in are in contract.
- Monitor purchases to ensure fulfillment. Review all purchase order/invoice reconciliations finalized for all product lines. Monitor status of un-finalized charge-backs and receipts to secure return credit as soon as possible.
- Monitor reports of rejected warehouse receiving and suspected overages and backlogs. Initiate solutions to fix receiving errors through contact with warehouse management and appropriate adjustment to inventory levels.
- Assist management with testing all price / quantity reports to ensure proper data/results and work with IT to maintain report structure and content.
- Review account statements and recommend appropriate action to resolve any credit issues and ensure that vendors maintain good credit standing.
y have bachelor's degree or certification in area of expertise.
- Addresses generally routine issues or tasks within own work area.
- Typically has an operational focus.
- Develops and establishes operational objectives.
- Duration of tasks or issues is typically short-term.
- Acts as technical or functional expert of the work group.
- Provides frequent, hands-on technical and functional guidance to work group or peers in accomplishing goals and projects.
- Applies independent judgment to work activities or issues within work group.
- Receives instruction primarily on unusual or complex problems.
- Generally oversees the day-to-day operation of a group of employees.
- Impact is typically limited to function or location.
- Is accountable for performance (hiring, discipline, rewards) of staff.
- Typically requires approximately 3-5 years expertise in function or business that is more complex.
- Includes 2-3 years at a lead/supervisory level.
- 2 years ago - save job