Participates as a member of development team or teams;
Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
Applies HP and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
May provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
Education and Experience Required:
3-5 years experience in applications development and/or technical business analysis.
Knowledge and Skills:
More than 6 years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle. Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
Strong understanding basic Database Administration.
Able to apply consistently quality and security standards.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Developing general project management/team leader skills.
Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
1. Proficient in BASE SAS
- SAS Developers -
- 3-5 years experience in applications development and/or technical business analysis.
- Knowledge of project methodology.
- Experience in programming languages – ranked in order
2. Proficient/Experienced in SAS MACROS – Advanced SAS (Should have created Macros; instead of just updating them); Proc SQL’s
3. Experienced in SQL and PL/SQL ; any flavor of SQL
4. Working knowledge of SAS on UNIX environment
5. Some exposure to automation using shell scripting, though not mandatory
1. SAS- 80%
- Development skills ranked in order of time spent using:
2. SQL- 10%
3. KornShell- 10%
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems – Windows, UNIX, etc
- Knowledge of Software development Lifecycle.
- Ability meet established timeframes while assuring data and information integrity.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Good Communication skills
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts desired.
United States-Iowa-Des Moines
HP - 19 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...