Experienced RN - Nights - Full Time - 4W Med/Tele - East Orlando - 121032
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
o For those hired prior to April 1, 2011:
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
§ AHA BLS certification is required by December 31, 2011
§ If current BLS from another agency, recertification in AHA BLS at their recertification date.
o For those hired after April 1, 2011, if certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
o For those hired prior to April 1, 2011, if current advanced life support from another agency, recertification in AHA Advanced Life Support at their recertification date.
- AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
o If hired after April 1, 2011, if certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained by 90 day evaluation.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Graduate of a school of nursing.
For GRN, graduate of an accredited school of nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- For transplant unit, Cost Center 6292, experience as a transplant nurse
- For transplant unit, Cost Center 6292, experience as a PCU nurse
Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
PREFERRED LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION
- Graduate professional nurses who do not have an authorization to test (seating pass) will have a limited scope of practice as outlined in GN orientation
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- For Transplant unit, Cost Center 6292 - CCTN Certification
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
- Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition.
- Able to identify individualized plan of care. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care.
- Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
- Evaluates patients' developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
- Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade nursing skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
Florida Hospital Association
- 3 years ago - save job
Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing,...