DELL CLOUD CLINICAL ARCHIVE (DCCA) – NETWORK DESIGN SENIOR ADVISOR
Dell Cloud Clinical Archive (DCCA) is a cloud-based medical archiving leader which helps healthcare organizations simplify retention of healthcare data.
This solution helps customers reduce costs associated with long-term data storage and migration, provide off-site disaster recovery services & allows for the sharing of images between medical professionals in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
DCCA is currently looking for a Network Design Senior Advisor to join the DCCA team.
Please note that this position will be located on-site at the DCCA campus in Wallingford, CT. *
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Plans, designs, installs, and maintains local and wide area networks, including the recommendation of system software and hardware;
Gathers requirements, analyzes technical networking issues and develops options and recommendations.
Performs system software installations, system software maintenance and product upgrades.
Procures networking and systems hardware and software.
Tests software updates and patches.
Conducts network analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
Researches, analyzes, plans, and develops hardware and software requirements
Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
Provides technical expertise for system Transitions, Migrations and Consolidations.
Provides technical assistance to IT support staff, including but not limited to, DBAs, Network Engineers, Application Developers, Middleware Engineers, other System Administrators, Project Managers, Change Managers and Business Development staff.
Leads project management activities for new system requirements, data center migrations and new technology exploitation.
Expected to keep abreast of new technology and make recommendations as to how best to exploit the new technology for the benefit of our customers.
Designs technologically advanced solutions to meet customer’s mission, objectives and requirements.
Proactively assesses exposure areas and takes steps to reduce vulnerabilities.
Provides technical leadership on complex projects involving a broad range of expertise and disciplines
Creates and updates Network Diagrams in MS Visio, and processes/procedures documentation
Interfaces with customers, end users, partners and associates to resolve complex issues
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years of relevant Network and Systems Design experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the network/security field.
- Working knowledge of network and server hardware, cabling, and datacenter infrastructure.
- Experience with Cisco and Force 10 multilayer switches.
- Network security experience (VPN, ASA, firewall).
- Cisco network engineer (generalist) experience.
- Excellent network support/troubleshooting experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required.
- Working knowledge of virtualization (VMware 4-5.1)
- Excellent Linux Administration experience
- Shell scripting (bash, awk/sed) experience
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting user and site VPN’s on multiple platforms
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-starter and have a history of working unsupervised while achieving required goals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Project management experience supporting data centers migrations and major software upgrades.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Exposure to healthcare IT
- Experience with iSCSI and Fibre Channel storage
- Knowledge on HIPPA/HITECH regulations
- Experience in cloud archive technology
- Experience leading technical projects and supervising other team members or vendors
- Ability to monitor and assesses information security reports/logs.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...