This position assists the Store Leadership team with expertise in proprietary food service activities, including providing training, advice and work direction to other associates as needed. The Assistant Manager Store Food provides top quality food service and assistance to customers; coaches store employees and works with the Store Leadership team to maintain a safe, cost-effective and profitable store. May cover weekend and other shifts for the Store Manager as assigned.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (partial list)
Provides excellent customer service and coaches store employees to provide excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner to ensure the customer has a pleasant shopping experience.
Leads other store employees in ensuring that the proprietary food service area is stocked, rotated and displayed to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
Covers weekend and other shifts for the Store Manager as assigned.
Assists with monitoring overall store and property conditions; notifies the Lead Assistant Manager or Store Manager of any equipment failure or maintenance/supply needs; performs or assigns other store employees to perform a variety of general housekeeping and routine equipment maintenance duties.
Maximizes sales and profitability by supporting sales promotions and product category initiatives and by controlling material expenses.
Monitors and ensures that food service area and equipment meets health code regulations.
Ensures associates comply with company policies and procedures and government regulations for age-restricted products.
Assists the Store Leadership Team with training and developing employees. May assist with assigning duties to store employees and providing input to performance reviews.
Follows vendor check-in procedures and accounts for quality and quantity of merchandise received during vendor deliveries.
Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 months to 1 year of retail store or food service work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 30 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time off – Vacation
Kangaroo Express - 12 months ago
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...