Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
Aviat Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We are recognized worldwide for cutting-edge; 4G, backhaul, networking solutions and services. Customers in more than 135 countries depend on Aviat Networks to build, expand and upgrade their voice, data, and video solutions.
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Manager of Global Commodity position
Key responsibilities include centralized and focused commodity management, strategic supplier management, develop and communicate strategic plans for controls commodities, provide global market intelligence. Reporting directly to the Director of Supply Chain, this position is located in San Antonio, Texas or Austin, Texas.
Essential Job Functions
Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Manage global commodity team.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence for commodities worldwide, identify trends, emerging technologies, potential supply interruption threats, and commodities cost dynamics. Provide markets forecast input.
- Work with the supply base and commodity managers to understand their needs and processes. Design and lead the strategic integration of the supply base into a global supply base.
- Develop plans to reduce risks and participate in quality audits associated with sole/single source suppliers.
- Provide leadership and direction for deployment of sourcing strategies for common controls. Lead and align suppliers to the priorities and ensure budget plans are being met.
- Coordinate agreements in leading contract negotiations.
- Recommend sourcing activities to support the commodity strategy.
- Work closely with the Technical Teams to set objectives and determine business needs and new product development.
- Monitor global execution of negotiated agreements by supply base across the globe. Collect, analyze and communicate relevant information to stakeholders.
Aviat Networks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in – engineering or supply chain preferred. Master’s Degree preferred. A minimum of 8 years progressive experience.
- Experience in Global supply chain within a matrix organization with multiple manufacturing sites, required. Must be able to lead and work in a matrix and networked team environment.
- Advanced Excel skills required for data analysis, budgets and costs.
- Solid functional experience in supply chain management and manufacturing operation with contract manufacturing to turnkey manufacturing for assembly and design services.
- Strong negotiation skills required including experience developing complex, performance based supplier contracts.
- Experience with e-sourcing, BOM structure, ERP systems and strategic sourcing methodology and tools.
- Ability to facilitate and moderate multi-cultural team effort.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain both internal and external relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks based on business needs.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%, internationally and domestically.
- Location: San Antonio, or Austin, TX
Apply NOW to learn more!
Aviat Networks - 18 months ago