Summary: Supervise Hazard Communication and Training section personnel in the performance of ergonomic evaluations, respirator fit testing, training presentations, and maintenance of Material Safety Data Sheet database. Coordinate evaluations and training with other Occupational Health Department staff performing these duties. Develop training classes. Maintain Hazardous Materials Inventory database for NASA/JSC. Prepare final TDH Tier 2 report for NASA/JSC. Conduct occupational health training. Perform ergonomic evaluations of employee work activities. Maintain training records for Occupational Health Department staff.
• Manage personnel issues, as necessary, to include: annual and periodic performance reviews, conflict resolution, problem solving, recruit/interview personnel for open positions.
• Supervise personnel who perform training, ergonomic evaluations, respirator fit testing, and database management. Coordinate training and ergonomic evaluations with other Occupational Health Department staff assigned these duties.
• Develop a coordinated, comprehensive training schedule reflecting all training conducted or managed by Occupational Health Department staff.
• Develop occupational health training classes for instructor-led or computer-based presentation.
• Present occupational health training classes.
• Maintain the JSC Hazardous Materials Inventory database. Screen information for quarterly and annual updates.
• Oversee the maintenance and updating of the JSC Material Safety Data Sheet Database.
• Prepare TDH Tier 2 reports for the JSC Environmental Office.
• Perform ergonomic evaluations and prepare reports. Review and sign ergonomic evaluation reports prepared by subordinates. Review ergonomic evaluations prepared by other contractors.
• Perform as the Occupational Health Department Training Coordinator.
• Advise NASA/JSC civil service and contractor organizations concerning OSHA training requirements.
• Attend JSC committee meetings as required.
• Attend staff and management meetings.
• Provide documentation for ISO and VPP programs and activities.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in industrial hygiene, biology, chemistry, engineering, physics or a closely related physical or biological science.
• Six or more years experience in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of occupational health hazards or in the presentation of occupational health and safety training
• 0-2 years experience in supervising technical staff
• Oral and written communication skills.
• People management skills and ability to work with people at all organizational levels.
• Knowledgeable about computers and the use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Access
• Knowledgeable on Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and standards
• Knowledgeable on American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) exposure guidelines.
• Possess a valid drivers license.
Standard Company Requirements:
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Applicant must include desired salary in application submission.
• Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
• Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
Physical & Cognitive Requirements:
• Speaking: Verbal communication using the English language.
• Written Communication: Produce written work using the English language.
• Organization: Prioritize multiple, competing assignments.
• Performance Level: Perform effectively in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
• Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computers and other office electronics.
• Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
• Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, lift, pull and push.
• Travel Requirement: Must be willing to travel as necessary to meet business needs.
Wyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
This position is not eligible for the internal recruiting incentive program.
Wyle - 23 months ago
Wyle Laboratories is wild about the technical expertise it offers. The firm provides engineering, testing, life cycle management, clinical...