NOTE: This is a part-time (24hours) benefit eligible position.
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Summary description of position:
Major responsibilities and desired results:
- Working knowledge of motivational strategies, materials development, training and consultation required.
- Thoroug knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theories and their application.
- Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities.
- A high energy level and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Passion for health improvement.
- Ability to work independently toward established priorities.
- Ability to work productively and autonomously within an internal and or external mixed matrix partner environment.
- Assist in the identification of customer health education needs through health assessment activities.
- Utilize Preventive Guidelines and general health and wellness strategies to achieve goals in the overall health of customers.
- Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and disease prevention, as required for specific customers.
- Educate and refer customers on available health resources and CIGNA Medical Management programs as appropriate.
- Provide 1:1 coaching to customers around their behavior changes to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life.
- Assess readiness to change and implement actions to assist customers in reaching their goals.
- Work with customers to establish health improvement plans, set personalized goals, and support customers in achieving those goals.
- Collaboration and integration with team members such as nutritionist, pharmacist, behavioral clinician, MD, Health educators’, customer’s provider, as well as other internal and external matrix partners.
- Empower customers with skills to provide enhanced interaction with their providers.
- Provides suggestions for improvements and enhancements to wellness coaching programs based on data/experience.
- Document interactions and interventions as directed.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that program connectivity has been achieved and assess for educational and/or program referral needs.
- Provide health and wellness education utilizing a multitude of medias including group. presentations, support group facilitation, creative use of media, newsletter contribution, etc.
- Support the design and implementation of site events (i.e. open enrollment, biometric screenings, wellness committee facilitation, flu shot events, health fairs, etc.).
- Collect and assess biometric data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Promotion,
- Minimum of 3 years experience in health and wellness field
- Masters degree preferred,
- Experience with direct customer communication (written and verbal).
- Experience in health education and wellness coaching.
- Experience conducting educational and support groups preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing superior customer service to organizations and individuals.
- Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual engagement strategies.
- Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors.
- Autonomous with the ability to succeed in an independent role.
CIGNA - 10 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...