To be fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship by organizing unit activities, coordinating and relaying information to health care team members, patients and families in an accurate and timely manner.
Responds to visitor/patient emergencies appropriately according to department/facility standards.
Demonstrates accurate order transcription and communicates vital information to the appropriate staff.
Utilizes Health First computer systems with regards to order entry and order inquiry.
Maintains census board on the nursing unit with appropriate accurate information.
Maintains patient chart order. Monitors for history and physical compliance.
Maintains only most current forms and physician order sets ( including discarding of old forms).
Respond to call lights within a timely manner.
Admits, discharges and transfers patients in a timely manner. Coordinates appointments and transportation as needed for patients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator Course recommended within 6 months of hire.
- Current American Heart Association CPR/BLS Healthcare Provider completion card.
- Successful completion of Health Unit Coodinator Certification Exam within one year of hire preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Health First - 19 months ago