Overview This individual will be responsible for developing and improving the new and current manufacturing processes with regards to layout, work sequence, time studies, fixtures/tools/equipment, and material flow. This may include working with Design Engineering and Service teams to focus on process and product improvements for overall safety, quality, manufacturability and efficiency. Additionally, this person will provide production line support for technical issues and work closely with production management in the continuous improvement of existing manufacturing systems, processes and equipment. Responsibilities - Document process steps to create Standard Work and Job Element Sheets
- Perform time studies to support creating Standard Work
- Investigate part usage problems for a root cause
- Assist implementing any tools/fixtures/equipment to processes
- Support ECO implementation
- Assist with Quality defect root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
- Assist with the Working At Height initiative
- Participate in kaizen activities
- Provide support and analysis for special projects as assigned. Qualifications - Pursuing BS/BA degree related to manufacturing, engineering or business field.
- Mechanically inclined
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of JIT, Lean Thinking and Single Piece Flow.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Teachable, and willing / able to teach others.
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel software, MS powerpoint
- Able to read blue prints (primarily assembly, welding a plus)
- AutoCAD experience or related software
- Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
Terex - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...