Serve as an underwriter of consumer and home equity lending. Support the organizational philosophy of high loan quality by recognizing opportunities for our members to improve their financial well-being, including situations that involve credit risk beyond the parameters of the automated approval system. Serve as a staff resource by mentoring staff in lending practices and procedures. Serve as a resource for the Consumer Lending Officers. Assist the AVP/ Director of Consumer and Mortgage Lending in providing leadership and structure to the Consumer Lending Officers and provide support in ensuring consistent underwriting decisions across employees. Demonstrates the value and importance of the Consumer Underwriting team by delivering on “Our Promise”.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, four year-college degree preferred.
- 5 years financial services experience, including 4 years lending underwriting background and knowledge of real estate lending.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent underwriting and communication skills.
- Previous PC experience, Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Good math aptitude and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work as a team player being flexible and dependable.
- Ability to work independently while displaying initiative and decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working under pressure.
- Incumbents in this role are required to be compliant with the terms and conditions outlined in US Federal Credit Union’s SAFE Act Policy, which includes the submission of fingerprints, the successful completion of a FBI background check and registration in Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm, and rotating Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
US Federal Credit Union provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including generous paid time off, 401(k), incentive plans and much more!
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
US Federal Credit Union
Attn: Human Resources
1400 Riverwood Drive
Burnsville, MN 55337
US Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
StarTribune - 12 months ago