Welcome to the new Allscripts, formed through the merger of Allscripts and Eclipsys!
• Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes.
• Our Vision is a connected community of health.
With the largest connected community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Allscripts offers exciting new career opportunities in various locations throughout the U.S. We are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare. We work to make a difference and this is an exciting time to join us! We are currently seeking talented, bright and hard working individuals with a proven track record of success.
We are recruiting for a Senior Automation Quality Engineer to become a member of the development team supporting the overall quality initiatives and providing hands-on testing of software and management of software defects in our Raleigh, NC office.
• Development and execution of test cases for complex products and systems
• Working with other members of a development team to ensure that quality is "built in" from the ground up in products.
• Ensuring that the company's products meet total quality management standards and other reliability standards
• Identifies risks and provides mitigation options
• Create test cases and performs test execution following agile development methodologies to ensure the delivery of quality products to all clients
• Execute functional, application, regression, and acceptance tests
• Research and develop an understanding of the business requirements for the product features being tested, including how the users use the features and possible impacts to user workflow
• Collaborate with product developers, business analysts, and technical support specialists regarding issues found during sprints
• Provide estimates and scoping of level of effort for the QA cycle, based on project documentation and application knowledge
• Troubleshoot software problems; anticipate, research and identify root causes and resolve problems; escalate issues as appropriate
• Define and prioritize defects found during testing cycle
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
This is a automation testing position not manual testing
• BS Degree in computer science, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with software development life cycle, testing methodologies, quality control, and quality assurance
• Solid understanding of Agile testing methods
• Experience working with Continuous Integration practices
• Typically requires 5+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance role. At least 2 of these years working on an agile software team (preferably using Scrum framework)
• Exposure to Microsoft development tools: SilverLight, .Net, C#, WCF, XML, SOAP, IIS 6+ is preferred
• Web services testing experience
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in database technologies (SQL Server 2005+ preferred).
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in Operating Systems such as Windows Server 200X
• Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills required
• Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects
• Ability to participate in, as well as promote, a team environment
• Experience within the healthcare industry preferred
Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account, company paid life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
Allscripts is dedicated to attracting and developing a highly diverse workforce/ EOE
Allscripts - 13 months ago
Jokes about doctors' handwriting may go the way of house calls, thanks to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions. The...