Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Personnel & Social Services
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
The FULL-TIME New Parent Support Home Visitor at the MFSC JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam performs the following (but not limited to) duties:
- Screen expectant parents and parents with children under 3 for child abuse/neglect risk, using established Navy NPS screening tools and procedures.
- Provide information and referral services to those parents not deemed "at risk" to military and community service providers.
- Ensure home visitation services follow the Nurturing Parenting Program for all at risk parents accepting NPS services.
- Ensure NPS HV program is facilitated IAW FFSC accreditation standards and DON instructions.
- Report suspected child abuse and/or domestic abuse/violence to the local civilian authorities and the Family Advocacy Representatives IAW Navy and state requirements.
- Ensure home visiting services are fully documented in the FFSMIS NPS Case Management System IAW with current Navy requirements.
- Ensure that NPS assessments, screenings, and educational services for parents not at risk are counted in FFSMIS.
Required Skills and Experience:
Provides information, referral, outreach, and assistance to client and client family members. Develops, coordinates, and plans programs, activities and seminars to meet the social and/or emotional needs of their clients and/or the clients' family. Position may require a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Individual must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision or independently and typically reports to a manager. May lead and direct the work of others. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. ~ Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
- 4 yr degree in early childhood education or related social services discipline.
- Exp with conducting home visits
- Public speaking experience reqd.
- Valid driver's license required
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Entry Level
Serco , Inc. - 12 months ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...