Title : Speech Therapist (inpatient)
Reports to: Program Director
GHS Status: NonExempt Regular
Patient-Age Populations Served: Adult/Geriatric
DOL Status: NonExempt
- Prior Experience working with adult/geriatric population required, Healthcare setting preferred.
- Prior Experience serving people with disabilities preferred.
- Prior experience as an inpatient Speech Therapy preferred.
- Licensed by the state of South Carolina Board of Examiners in Speech Pathology & Audiology in good standing required.
- American Heart Association Healthcare provider course with Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to be initially completed within 30 calendar days of hire date (BLS Recertification is required every two years)
- ACLS preferred.
- Prior experience with utilization of therapy equipment to provide treatment and procedures.
Medium Physicial Agility Test (PAT) Rating : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally , and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force frequently , and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and will be measured by post offer PAT.
Position Summary: The SLP is responsible for providing a full range of speech therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions and in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position’s qualification, professional practices and ethical standards. The SLP shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible manner. The employee will complete other duties as assigned and in general exceed customer expectations in all areas of customer service and in accordance with GHS core values.
Georgetown Hospital System - 13 months ago