The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), education of health care providers on Teva products and disease states of interest, and clinical research support. The MSL functions as a regional medical and scientific resource who works to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available Teva resources. The MSL works under the departmental guidance of the Sr. Director of Professional Affairs within US Medical Affairs.
Develop, maintain, and manage interactions with Key Opinion Leaders (“KOLs”) and other healthcare professionals in therapeutic areas of interest to Teva.
Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for the medical community in therapeutic areas of interest to Teva.
- Assist clinical development in identifying potential investigators and sites for company sponsored clinical trials; support clinical trials, investigator management as required in collaboration with clinical operations/clinical research.
- Provide support for government researchers and healthcare providers interested in doing research with Teva products;
- Develop strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services;
- Provide and disseminate relevant medical and scientific information (within corporate guidelines) for healthcare provider education; and
- Provide field-based medical and scientific information for responding to a request for medication information regarding Teva products and related therapeutic areas.
Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for internal stakeholders.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of Teva, its products, current medical and scientific research and publications in therapeutic areas of interest to Teva;
- Provide relevant medical and scientific support for healthcare providers, third-party payers, and other managed care audiences;
- Provide medical and scientific support for medical education initiatives (e.g., speaker training);
- Deliver high quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings (e.g., formulary committees, medical meetings, and allied healthcare professionals) and obtain feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization;
- Professionally represent Teva at select medical meetings and programs; and
- Use appropriate, ethical judgment in the distribution of all information, whether written or verbal.
Serve as liaison between clinical investigators and internal stakeholders in support of investigator-initiated studies.
- Provide medical and scientific training support to the Sales Force, in collaboration with Sales Training;
- Participate in internal therapeutic advisory groups and project teams;
- Provide local medical support for certain marketing-led initiatives, such as consultant and advisory meetings;
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources; and
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
- Be responsible for first line review of investigator-initiated studies and, in collaboration with Medical Directors, facilitate the submission, review and approval process for investigator-initiated studies; and
- Act as liaison between clinical investigators and internal Medical Directors or other internal Teva representatives for all aspects of investigator-initiated studies, from proposal to publication.
- Provide support for corporate sponsored studies.
Education and Experience
Requires approximately 50% overnight travel with several night and/or weekend activities
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D., D.O., Ph.D., Pharm.D.) or equivalent required (relevant residency and/or fellowship experience preferred);
- Clinical experience within relevant therapeutic areas preferred;
- An established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession;
- Has published significant relevant therapeutic research or has substantial patient care experience (minimum 3 years); and
- 3-5 years prior experience working in the pharmaceutical industry or related experience with medical or scientific focus.
Preferred residence in: Detroit, MI
Position will be filled commensurate with experience
TEVA Neuroscience - 17 months ago
When the pharmacist asks you if a generic equivalent is acceptable, Teva hopes you'll say "yes." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA,...