US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Pensacola, FL.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Cyber Solutions Division supporting a federal customer.
The qualified candidate will oversee plans and provides support for complex system and database administration in a secure area performing the tasks listed below.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Assists in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Experience with PKI Infrastructures, Server certificates, Certificate Authority, Secure DNS (DNS SEC).
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors system maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Thorough understanding and workings of Server protocols including NTP, SMTP, SFTP, and email routing.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system administration and installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Thorough understanding and workings of Incident handling protocols, PII, Server network procedures, and classified information handling.
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- In-depth knowledge and a minimum of 7 years hands-on experience with Linux.
- Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Must have a DoD clearance
- Must be able to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good ability to lead and work as part of a team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...