Manage and supervise the physical plant of the Wyoming Life Resource Center. Oversee routine and preventive maintenance of campus buildings and utilities. Ensure compliance with applicable codes, including Life Safety Code.
- Direct, supervise and provide technical advice to staff. Delegate work orders, priorities, procedures, methods and schedules. Monitor and evaluate job performance.
- Submit requests for major maintenance and equipment funding and provide input for budgetary purposes.
- Write specifications for contracted work. Consult with contractors, engineers, architects and staff. Review blueprints and monitor construction activity.
- Seek efficiencies and promote continuous improvement.
- Conduct trainings and meetings with staff to include, but not limited to, safety procedures, work in progress, staff requests, events and proper compliance with policies, procedures and applicable codes.
- Keep records of inspections and work orders. Write reports and develop plans of correction, as necessary.
- Assure compliance with policies, procedures and all applicable codes, including Life Safety Code.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of and ability to problem solve and handle many priorities at once.
- Knowledge of and ability to direct work tasks and projects. Supervise and coordinate employees to accomplish planned goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, electrical codes, ADA and Life Safety Codes.
- Knowledge of and skills in building repair and maintenance techniques, tools and safety, to include carpentry, plumbing, boiler, painting, electrical and HVAC.
- Knowledge of hazardous material handling and applicable laws.
- Knowledge of and ability to create and interpret construction blueprints.
- Knowledge of modern construction practices, materials and building systems.
- Knowledge of budget creation and management.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to hazardous materials, bodily fluids, chemicals, bio-hazards, potential explosive, and/or the elements.
- Job duties requires the ability to twist, bend, kneel, lift, push and pull. Safely move and lift heavy items. Climb ladders and work in a variety of locations and conditions and on a variety of surfaces.
Five or more years of experience in Facility Management or Physical Plant Management.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code TDBG11) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
A background check, including fingerprinting will be completed through the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, the Wyoming Department of Family Services and the F.B.I. for every successful applicant.