Position : JBoss Middleware Administrator
Duration : FULL TIME
Location : Chevy Chase,
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Systems Operations Department is looking for a Middleware Administrator for the installation, configuration, performance, tuning and maintenance of JBoss application servers and other J2EE software products, and fixes on Linux/Windows/UNIX platforms. Furthermore, the Middleware Administrator will troubleshoot application issues and support the application development cycle involved with application design, deploying code, and resolving any infrastructure problems. Other duties include monitoring production environment, tuning J2EE application servers to optimize performance, reinstalling all Middleware products during lease replacements, participating in production problem calls, stabilizing and improving JVM performance by tuning the Heap Size, GC policy, and connection pools.
- At least 3 years of experience in J2EE deployments in two of the following operating systems: LINUX: Preferably Suse, Red Hat; UNIX: Preferably Solaris 8, AIX; Windows: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, or XP
- At least 2 years experience with WebSphere MQ on the Mainframe;
- Must have experience or in-depth knowledge of J2EE framework and applications with at least 2 years of experience in Middleware products such as JBOSS, Tomcat or Websphere Application Server and Apache;
- Prior experience with working in a UNIX/Linux based environment;
- Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and HTTP;
- Prior Experience with large scale J2EE deployments, Java programming or Software Development Life Cycle;
- Solid troubleshooting skills are a must;
- Must have the ability and flexibility to support and manage our dynamic 7 X 24 Production J2EE Environment as well as the other testing environments;
- Demonstrated ability to keep up with an ever-changing technical environment;
- An enthusiastic, highly organized self- starter and a team player that works well as a member of a diverse team;
- Experience working with .NET applications is a plus.
10565 Fairfax Blvd, Suite 301 | Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 703-372-0348 | (F) 202 478 0885
(E) firstname.lastname@example.org | www.multivision.cc
National Certified Minority Supplier (MBE)
Multivision Inc., is a global Professional IT Services firm having over 500 employees, posting an astounding growth rate of 200% over the past three years. Multivision's expertise embraces a broad range of technologies, domains and service offerings. Multivision is ranked 23rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing businesses in the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria-DC-VA-MD-WV region and 33rd amongst the Top 100 fastest-growing IT Services Companies in USA.
Multivision - 18 months ago