Posting Title |
Precision Ag Specialist
SPECIALIST PRECISION AG - CO
7225 Cty Road Z
CHS / United Plains Ag has an exciting opportunity in our Ag Business division. We are looking for a Precision Ag Specialist to work with management, agronomy sales force, and producers. You must be able to make sound decisions, have the ability to influence others and work cross functionally. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Consult with CHS sales force, applicators, and management to identify grower customers and successfully administer and grow the program.
- Meet with grower customers to promote the program and document their initial priorities, problems, needs and wants.
- Combine traditional management skills with precision farming tools (site-specific mapping techniques) to develop management strategies with growers in order for them to make the best management choices for their crop production, and provide the greatest economic return.
- Utilize GPS to locate specific field positions. Coordinate soil sampling and use GIS to create field maps based on GPS data to record and assess the impact of farm management decisions.
- Utilize data sensors to monitor soil properties, crop stress, growth conditions, yields, etc. Use these sensors to provide instant (real-time) information that can be used to adjust or control operational inputs.
- Utilize a personal computer to effectively organize, analyze, and manage data (software including spreadsheets, databases, GIS, etc.).
- Evaluate and make recommendations to growers. Provide growers with timely and accurate information including data on crop characteristics, hybrid responses, soil properties, fertility requirements, weather predictions, weed and pest populations, plant growth responses, harvest yield, post harvest processing, and marketing projections. Find, analyze, and use the available information at each step in the crop system.
- Continuously reassess the profitability of PF programs with growers by comparing yield monitor data to the financial records for specific fields.
- Encourage product knowledge by sales force, applicators, management through internal presentations, training, etc.
- Coordinate sales strategies; advertising, field days, grower meetings, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, products, trends, and challenges in order to make educated recommendations to growers.
- Two year degree in an Agribusiness or Ag Technology
- Must be trained on current industrial and farm products/practices, diagnostic and servicing procedures, and GPS/GIS software.
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
- Four year degree in Ag Technology, Precision Ag, or other Agriculture related degree program
- Prior sales experience and/or a working knowledge of GPS technology is preferred
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...