Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Under close supervision, install, maintain and optimize the distributed computing-communication environment, including desktop, network infrastructure, voice and data communication systems. Provide field technical support to the end-users and operational systems.
Set-up, deliver and install personal computers, telephones, networking and peripheral equipment using established and defined procedures and processes
Perform preventative maintenance on voice and data communication systems and associated hardware maintaining accurate documentation
Actively participate in Safety and Environmental programs, ensure MIS policy compliance and site operational goals
Perform voice, network, and PC and basic wireless troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose infrastructure problems
Performs other duties as required
Preferred Qualifications (e)
- Two (2) years experience in computer/electronic systems hardware/software troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the installation, repair and maintenance of PC hardware, software, printers, fax machines and telephone handsets. Ability to effectively analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose issues with computers, peripherals, cellular and voice systems
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, protocols and technology including wireless networking equipment
- Basic knowledge of voice systems (PBX/VoIP)
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as business dictates
- Must be customer service-oriented and possess good organizational skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- DC electrical systems and/or automotive accessory installation experience
- Network+ Certification
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
- Work will be performed in an office, mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing
Freeport-McMoRan - 16 months ago
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) digs its profits from copper and precious metal mines around the world. In 2011 FCX's proven...