Lock Desk Analyst
Residential Mortgage Conduit
The position requires experience with the mortgage industry, clear verbal and written communication skills, consistently outstanding client service, and proven problem solving and decision making skills. The successful candidate will have a high level of interaction with internal parties (trading, sales, legal and compliance, structured finance) and external parties.
- Accept rate lock requests, reviewing each request and communicating confirmation
- Assist clients in the automated registration and lock process via seller portal
- Research pricing requests and update system with and required pricing changes
- Publish daily and intra-day pricing to the pricing engine
- Assist Secondary Marketing with adjustments to pricing engine
- Monitor and report on locked pipeline activity (ie. lock expiration dates, etc)
- Issue weekly reporting to sellers regarding lock status
- Mortgage Industry Knowledge: to include an advanced knowledge of mortgage banking and seller dynamics as it applies to Redwood Trust
- Teamwork – Interactions with all functions within the company, ability to negotiate in the best interest of stakeholders overall position
- Minimum 5 years of mortgage industry experience
- 3 years secondary/lock/pricing experience required
- Extensive experience with loan origination documentation
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to work in varied systems. Proficiency with Excel, loan origination systems, automated underwriting engines, electronic document management and other systems.
- High attention to detail and effective problem solving skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking ability, diplomacy and professionalism
Redwood Trust, Inc. (NYSE: RWT) Redwood Trust, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is an internally-managed operating company focused on...