Establish and manage the Operational practices that provide support services to Terre mark's customers in the Data Center/Colocation environment, professional and managed services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervise Technicians I, II, III's in efforts to ensure 100% SLA adherence.
- Possess a working knowledge of HVAC, UPS, PDU, and electrical switch gear
- Supervise the Installation Department to ensure all customer deployments of racks, ladder rack, cabinets and cabling are completed on time.
- Posses vast experience in Collocation Operations
- Define the professional and managed services to be provided by NAP employees.
- Remain industry current with respect to all key developments affecting information, data and network security.
- Manage and provide day-to-day guidance to all assigned Operation Group personnel.
- Manage Profit and Loss reports and projections for NAPMIA.
- Provide written weekly status reports to Senior Director of Operations.
- Provide written monthly report defining expenses and revenue to Senior Director of Operations.
- Review business terms for service contracts with customers.
- Manage multiple incidents from customers and project teams for customer deployment and internal infrastructure support.
- Develop and implement operations and escalations procedures.
- Work closely with clients, vendors, and other systems professionals in order to identify operational issues.
- Develop timely, innovative and cost-effective solutions to protect the NAPMIA mission critical infrastructure.
- Support design validation testing, planning, installation/setup procedure development, script development, server builds, and integration/migration testing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those any employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally above 84dbrn (i.e. diesel generator). Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is provided to mitigate the occasional excessive noise.
The temperature in the work environment can be substantially cooler than a standard office environment (65F-78F).
Back to Search Results
- BA or BS required or equivalent experience. Graduate Degree is preferred.
- 15 years of practice within the field of Collocation, information systems and data center operations.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets blue prints, building codes, NEC construction codes, CAL OSHA codes
- read, speak and communicate in English
- corporate and governmental regulations
- Knowledge level typically requires power calculations to derive watts per sq. ft., fundamental HVAC calculations to determine CFM required for proper cooling of equipment, and calculating linear feet for equipment and materials.
Verizon - 21 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...