Position Summary/Description: This position will be responsible for the hands-on development, implementation and oversight of social media marketing strategy and execution for the Iowa Wild Professional Hockey. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the digital space and how the various platforms can work together to optimize fan participation and new sales.
• Creates the social marketing plan, ensuring it reflects the latest knowledge in consumer and digital marketing
• Coordinates the cross-functional, extended digital marketing team to ensure integration of social marketing activities with other strategies
• Creates saleable, value-added sponsorship inventory and coordinates activation of sponsorship elements
• Manages the Iowa Wild mobile app
• Develop and maintain Iowa Wild social media properties such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Work closely with analytics team to analyze channel activities and results and share learnings
• Manage text/SMS marketing efforts including growing and managing text/SMS lists, developing new products, in-game promotions and coordinating the process with other departments
• Contributes to new sales campaigns
• Manages real-time fan dialogue and participation on the various social media platforms
• Assists in development and management of social media monitoring software
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent education and related sales experience
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• 1 to 3 years of digital marketing experience required
• Previous experience developing, planning and executing marketing initatives
• Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple duties
• Proficient computer skills including ability to work with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop and Illustrator.
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Self motivated with ability to work well independently within a team and results oriented environment
• Creative flair to bring fresh ideas into product positioning and campaigns
• Positive attitude and desire to be successful while having fun within professional and team oriented enviroment
• Available traditional business hours in addition to evenings, weekends and/or holidays for games or events.
• Work is primarily sedentary in nature.
• Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
The American Hockey League - 22 months ago