Security Clearance Level Other Key Functions * Set up and manage complex lab computing systems that accommodate research needs and government security requirements.
- Participate in capability design activity as well as lead coordination in all facets of capability development and implementation, including requirements gathering, specifications development, vendor contact and quote gathering, set up analysis and planning to include timeline and team assignments.
- High level coordination with project and lab team leads to ensure that support needs are being met
- Troubleshoot complex problems involving a wide variety of systems, services and protocols.
- Lead role in lab security program activities including security configuration status, validation of change request implementations, periodic security scans, policy awareness and adherence, business continuity planning, documentation updates, etc.
- Write scripts to integrate systems and services, and to automate administrative functions.
- Provide operational support for business analytic and business intelligence tools.
- High level tasking and supervision of day-to-day activities in collaboration with lab team leads; mentoring of junior system administrators and ongoing team support and coordination in collaboration with lab operations manager.
- Write system documentation and how to guides, establish operational and configuration standards and ensure that lab systems and services are appropriately documented
- Perform other duties as needed to help the lab department meet its organizational goals
- Strong experience with Oracle database administration desired Required Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree, plus 8 years experience or the equivalent in job-relevant work experience Desired Education/Experience BS in computer technology or other technical subject area plus 4 years experience, or HS diploma with equivalent experience. Up to date and verifiable Red Hat Certified Engineer Required Skills: * Candidate must have significant experience with all of the following: Windows Server 2008, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS, SQL, Perl, capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring and profiling, and system security. Working knowledge and experience with NIST standards associated with FISMA a plus.
- You must have the ability to address and overcome complex technical problems independently and with a high degree of competence.
- You must have the ability to rapidly learn new skills and technologies.
- You must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills, and strong written and oral communication skills
- You must have strong organizational and administrative skills Desired Skills Additional experience with the following skills and technologies is desirable: Active Directory, SAS, Clementine, R, Kerberos, VMware vSphere/ESX, Cisco IOS, Oracle 10g/11g administration, PostgreSQL, Apache Server, high performance computing, Linux/Windows integration, Bacula, C language, Subversion, plus a deep knowledge of networking protocols. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Mitre Corporation - 2 years ago
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...