Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $87 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Job
The Small Business Relationship Manager (SBRM) reports to the Branch Manager and the primary focus of this role is to acquire new small business and consumer clients and to expand relationships with existing clients. Develops a comprehensive understanding of client needs by using the Client Experience (CE) Desktop technology to gather and document client data and assess financial needs. Effectively manages small business clients and book of business by identifying products and services to meet client needs. Refers and partners with appropriate sales professionals in all lines of business including, but not limited to Key Investments Services, Mortgage, Private Banking, Business Banking, Cash Management, Middle Market, Merchant Services, and Foreign Exchange. Maintains an awareness of the competitive landscape and leverages that knowledge to better serve the clients. Meets or exceeds established sales, cross-sell and referral goals.
Essential Job Functions
The role of the SBRM is to develop new and expand existing client relationships through profiling and identifying ideas and solutions that meet the financial needs of the clients. The SBRM will be responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive Client Experience. This includes:
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitive products and services.
- Calls Book of Business and system generated leads identified in the Desktop to prospect for cross sell and retention; documenting activities by updating the electronic profile.
- Expands and retains a profitable book of business to achieve individual and team goals.
- Employs a disciplined approach to prospecting; documents calling efforts.
- Builds client referral pipeline via identification and development of internal and external centers of influence.
- SBRM should spend a majority of their time acquiring, retaining, and deepening small business relationships.
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by participating in business development activities, proactively reviewing clients¿ current and changing financial needs, and promoting KeyBank products and services.
- Delivers distinctive client experience through a complete understanding of the client needs by asking open ended and probing questions, using active listening skills and focused conversation.
- Completes and maintains electronic client profiles using the Client Experience (CE) Desktop.
- Collaborates with business partners by making referrals and conducting joint calls to deepen the client relationship.
- Promotes and cross-sells products and services to clients by informing clients of products, services, special promotions, and provides appropriate financial solutions.
- Actively listens to concerns, presents a clear concise picture and provides the client with a tailored solution to close the sale.
- Accurately completes new account documentation and system input according to Key¿s policies and procedures.
- Ensures that new customer relationships consistently meet all compliance requirements.
- Ensures ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client¿s initial experience with Key.
- Maintains and calls on a small business client book of business.
- Actively participates in daily branch team meetings.
- Mentors other branch employees, as requested by the Branch Manager.
- May require automobile travel to meet with clients at various off-site locations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in financial services to include developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Centers of Influence (COIs) to further promote KeyBank business.
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Understands commercial lending and small business operations.
- Understands consumer credit including loan to value, debt to income, and credit reports.
- Ability to interact with business partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking Sales Professionals.
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc).
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act).
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field.
Careers at Key
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Financial services giant KeyCorp unlocks its customers' monetary potential. With a focus on retail operations, flagship subsidiary...