Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The agency seeks high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
This position is in the Office of Human Resources, Business Management Unit located in Washington, DC.
- The SEC also has a Student Loan Repayment program for permanent employees. Up to $10,000 a year (60K cap) in student loan repayments for those who meet program criteria.
- Paid dental insurance and vision insurance.
- Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage.
- Mass transportation subsidy up to $120 per month.
- Telework Opportunities
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
SK-12: $81,225 - $127,198
SK-13: $96,590 - $151,254
To find out more, go to http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml .
You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Serves as an information systems advisor for HR software applications.
- Applies knowledge of information technology to automate processes, develop requirements, and specifications for information systems to meet HR requirements to manage a variety of human resource operations, processes, learning/knowledge and performance management, and other key/critical human resource functions.
- Provides technical support in the implementation of HR automated systems involving an in-depth understanding of the major HR functional elements, systems hardware and software applications, marketing and training aspects of the human resources program.
- Develops program policy for automated learning management-related systems and serves as an expert and resource person to develop user functional requirements for systems/projects having agency-wide impact.
- Develops and conducts briefings related to learning management systems or other HR systems, new capabilities and developments to ensure that stakeholders are aware of emerging technologies in HR information management technology.
- Performs data inquiries and data retrieval that requires complex manipulation based on customer provided requirements.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Minimum Qualification Requirements: Applicants must possess the appropriate level of specialized experience.
SK-12: I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-11 level providing advice on information system for an assigned HR program and applying HR policies, processes, methods, and specific IT operations to maintain information systems.
SK-13: In addition to the experience described at the SK-11, I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-12 level that demonstrates knowledge of the interrelationship of multiple IT specialties and HR functional specialties sufficient to: develop strategies for planning and implementing HR automated products; design, develop, and manage systems that meet current and future HR business requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Your qualifications will be further evaluated based upon the KSAs listed below.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of the methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of business process reengineering to achieve improvements in quality, speed and service
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to think critically in order to make sound well-informed and objective decisions
- Ability to identify and analyze information management needs of users in order to advise on the development of requirements for HR automated systems
- Ability to communicate in writing
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc .
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK- 13.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is not bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates : For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified .
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp .
The SEC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities who request them for the application and hiring process. If you have a disability and would like to apply for non-competitive placement under Schedule and/or you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, see information and instructions on http://www.sec.gov/disability/sec_access.htm .
TTY/ASCII users should use the toll free Federal Relay Service number: 1-800-877-8339 and provide the SEC number of the office or individual you are calling. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service see: http://fts.gsa.gov/frs/tollfree.htm .
usajobs.gov - 13 months ago