Are you looking for a challenging position that lets you use your brain? Do you enjoy finding ways to get jobs done faster and more efficiently? Do you consider yourself a Top Gun programmer? If so, then you may be the next rock star on our team.
HM DUNN has an opening for a CAD Tech in our Euless, TX (near Arlington) facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with engineers, programmers, and other subject matter experts to prepare 2D drawings for manufacturing and inspection purposes
- Download and organize customer engineering data
- Validate customer models vs. prints
- Create 2D bubble drawings from 3D models
- Create manufacturing shop aides
- Use required drafting and mechanical drawing skills, and knowledge of computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Retrieve information from computer files and displays information on screen, utilizing specialized software.
- Use software to zoom in, redesign, modify or edit drawing, and to transfer drawing from computer to hard copy.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of drawings.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Three (3) years of related experience and/or training in the following areas
o CATIA v5 (UG experience a plus)
o Aerospace engineering drawing
o Aerospace process specification
o Generation of aerospace planning and internal drawings for manufacturing and inspection purposes
o Review of aerospace planning
o Computer experience that includes MS Office applications, MRP system, etc
o CAD experience with 3D drawing review
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime as necessary to meet customer expectations
- Ability to read and write English
- Willingness to question anything that doesn’t make sense or may be in error
We are looking for an experienced person who is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that our shop makes quality parts every time they run a job. Flexibility to work OT, a positive attitude, and an exceptional work ethic are a must.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Job offers made are contingent on successful completion of the background screening process that may include drug screening, criminal records review, and verification of past employment.
If you believe you are the kind of person we are looking for, send us your resume.