In this role, the LPN will be under the direction of the Administrator/RN and or the Physician, participates in the general nursing care of patients. Assesses physical, psychological, social, and sexual dimensions of patients. Give specific consideration of patients age related needs during processes of assessment, treatment and care. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development in patient care management. Prepares the patient for examination. Knowledge of Wound Care / Hyperbarics preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of approved Licensed Practical Nurse Program.
- License to practice as a LPN in New York State.
- Minimum of two year experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Wound Care / Hyperbarics preferred.
- Candidate must be able to perform EKGs, phlebotomy, immunizations, height, weight and temperature.
- Must be able to assist physician with procedures.
- Candidate must have strong oral and writing skills.
- Must have personal integrity, ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- In addition, work collaboratively and independently on assignments and projects.
New York Methodist Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching hospital in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn. Established in 1881 as...