Assist the AR Manager in coordinating claim status efforts for the Specialists, assist in identifying claim status trends, payer payment timelines, and escalates to the appropriate departments.
Responsibilities also include:
· Generates and monitors outstanding claim status reports; and escalates issues to the appropriate departments.
· Monitors Claim Status Specialist productivity to ensure claims are statused in a timely manner.
· Assist Claim Status Manager as needed on special projects, attending meetings in the manager's absence and act as a back up for the Manager while they are out of the office.
· Perform quality audits of claim statuses to ensure they are being handled appropriately.
· Creates a positive patient experience through listening, understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating in a friendly manner, and handling patients with a consummately professional attitude.
· Owning the customer experience and resolving escalated patient issues and complaints timely and in accordance with Shared Services for Physicians policies and procedures. Meet with Support Services Manager on regular basis to review and discuss actions required.
· Coaching Claim Status Specialists on Shared Services for Physicians policies and procedures, and quality assurance measures,
· Training and re-training the Claim Status Specialists as necessary.
· Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
· Understand and adhere to the Shared Services for Physicians philosophies.
· Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
· Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; and a minimum of one year of medical billing experience is required, three years of medical billing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of insurance is desired, related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred.