Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
The Americas Sales Organization relentlessly protects information of small, midsize, and enterprise customers by offering more than 200 solutions within its security, infrastructure operations, information risk & compliance, storage and business continuity software portfolios. These solutions are delivered to customers through multiple sales channels, including Direct B2B/Public Sector, Value-Added/Large Account Resellers and Global Strategic Partnerships. Setting us apart from our competitors is the devotion and time we take to understand our customers’ requirements better than everyone else. Driven by our core values in every interaction, we help our customers revolutionize their businesses, so that each and every employee feels proud to be a part of the winning team of Symantec.Responsibilities
The System Engineer will work as a member of the SOS team to provide in-depth technical knowledge and support during chats, phone calls, and demonstrations, enabling end-user customers, channel and industry partners in the deployment of our products. This position requires expertise in Symantec products.
In this role you will be the customer's trusted advisor, assisting in the demonstration, and design of solutions using a range of Symantec products in order to gain technical acceptance from the customer and drive sales revenue.
Articulate and demonstrate Symantec solutions, influence customer’s technical requirements in partnership with the business unit, and position products relative to competition. Phone calls, presentations and customer interaction are a critical part of this positionQualifications
- In-depth experience with one or more of the Corporate-level solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-7 years experience in systems administration, pre-sales or related field.
- In depth knowledge various server, client, and mobile operating systems; WinNT/2000/2003/2008, Win9x, XP, Windows 7, Linux, Macintosh, and Sun Solaris.
- Basic SQL and TCP/IP networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Have the ability to handle project management responsibilities for implementation of company related solutions assigned by the manager.
- Must possess presentation-ready knowledge of several Symantec or competitor solutions and possess expertise in products making up one or more solutions.
- Must be recognized as the product expert of an assigned product group or specific technology.
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor in person and over the phone.
- Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Previous vendor and or pre-sales Systems Engineering experience preferred.
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...