Eaton Corporation’s PMC Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for Manufacturing Process Engineer for the Aftermarket. The position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer operates within the plant Aftermarket organization and requires investigation and analysis of production methods, and/or capital equipment requirement to increase production efficiency and reduce production costs, which might involve modification of production methods.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Develop and maintain robust, cost-efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with Eaton Lean Manufacturing.
- Operate within a union environment by building rapport and professional work relationships with all employees.
- Troubleshoot problems with test stands and Eaton product in order to improve first pass yield.
- Assist Product Support in determining overhaul and repair capability.
- Implement and improve standard tools within acceptable equivalencies per the FAA repair station regulations.
- Maintain proper CMM revisions on the shop floor as directed by Product Support.
- Perform root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Drive cost reduction initiatives by leading cost-out events and promoting a culture of continuous improvement to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer expectations.
- Manage tools and fixtures.
- Implement methods and practices to reduce variation by applying six sigma design and development.
- Act as a manufacturing liaison for products from induction through shipment to customer.
- Compose capital appropriation requests to support the FAA repair station production plan.
- Develop processes for hydraulic components and sub-assemblies.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results-driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Process-oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Understanding of problem-solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis).
- Experience in inspection and use of gaging.
- Hydraulics experience a plus.
- Document publishing/overhaul manual preparation.
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- A&P certification.
- Experience working with MFGPro and Seibel systems.
- Experience developing Process FMEA documents.
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Eaton - 10 months ago
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical,...