Seeking Linux system administrators with excellent analytic and communications skills who enjoy working side by side with a team of energetic software developers to automate implementation, deployment and monitoring of rapidly evolving agile-based satellite ground station software products.
Must enjoy juggling multiple projects and have a desire to identify and/or master new tools and utilities that take advantage of cutting edge technologies and are capable of improving the overall developer and end user experience. The group currently supports around a hundred physical servers and another hundred or so virtual servers in the cloud. 5% domestic travel, typically two 1-week trips.
We offer a stable work environment supporting an existing multi-site multi-service install base with a suite of 24/7/365 high availability operational products.
Ability to assist project teams with technical issues during the planning and development phases of our projects. These activities include the definition of requirements and support in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development to production by performing operationals activities within the project life-cycle.
- Breadth and depth of experience with Linux, especially RedHat/Centos, Ubuntu and other Debian-based distributions.
- Experience with Linux shell and other scripting languages (e.g. awk, sed, perl) and an understanding of regular expressions (e.g. s/\s\s*/_/g)
- Experience with kernel-based packet filtering (e.g. iptables, netfilter), masquerading, port forwarding and redirection.
- Management of VMware based virtual servers.
- Familiarity with agile development processes and tools.
- Experience with nework security to include packet sniffing, firewall configuration and SSL-based secure communications.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP stack and an affinity for troubleshooting and diagnosing network connectivity problems.
- Experience with tools such as tcdump, wireshark and other packet sniffing tools.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain the security posture of operational systems by applying and verifying patches in accordance with STIG compliance.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Required Experience: *Experience deploying/maintaining Linux servers. Desired Skills: *High availability systems experience.
- MySQL experience
- Ruby and Rails experience
- IPSec and/or OpenVPN experience
- Routing experience including OSPF and BGP
- Experience running Apache based web servers Clearance Level Required at Start Date Clearable Minimum Education Requirements Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required Less than 25% Work Status Full-Time
ITT Exelis - 2 years ago