Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Minimum BS in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related scientific field
Minimum 4 years of field data collection, data review and preparation of technical documents
• Must have good computer skills, that include but are not limited to MS Office programs
• Strong written and verbal communication, technical writing, and organization skills
• Must be able to take instruction, operate within a team network, and work independently without direct supervision
• Must have valid driver's license and be able to obtain 40 hour HAZWOPER training
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
The Honolulu office is seeking qualified candidates to join our Environmental and Planning Division as a Staff Engineer/Scientist/Geologist. The successful candidate will support several site assessment and remediation projects by providing field support, data management and interpretation, technical assistance, and reporting.
Field work will consist of supervising drilling activities, logging test borings, and collecting soil, groundwater, and soil gas samples. May act as task manager, manage small segments of projects, and assist in determining schedule and budget requirements. Ability to independently procure field equipment and assist in identifying subcontracting. Other responsibilities include quality assurance, quality control of work product, and development of field instructions, work plans, and writing reports on field results. Will interact with multi-office and multi-discipline teams within URS, as well as mentoring junior staff.
Travel is required.
The successful candidate must have a willingness to work on a variety of projects with a strong desire to learn, be motivated and enthusiastic about all aspects of the role, and enjoy the challenge of taking on new responsibilities. Must comply with URS' Corporate Health and Safety program and actively promote a strong safety culture.
URS Corporation - 19 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...