It is the function of the administrative assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support in achieving goals and objectives set forth by the business unit. Working independently, with minimal supervision, shall take action as required by the duties and responsibilities given to them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a pleasant and professional manner/dress in all business related activity, as you represent the executive group.
- Act as liaison between supervisor and others (i.e., departments, external contacts, clients, etc.).
- Oversee/process day-to-day administrative items; mail, expense forms, checks, etc.
- Compose and/or edit/distribute letters, memos, reports, etc. on time and maintain who, what and when recurrent reports are due and active sales presentations and meetings are scheduled.
- Prepare special reports/ brochures / overheads/ etc. for seminars/meetings. Such items would require research, development and/or interpretation of data and be performed with little supervision.
- May also require technical support on location.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Excel, and PowerPoint. Immediately familiarize yourself with all current projects, clients, owners (former and active), architects, engineering firms, consultants, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Maintain “On-time” calendar, schedule/confirm meeting dates, etc.
- Arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepare itineraries.
- Set-up for meetings (coffee, lunch, etc.).
- Organize mail daily in folders.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Share phone answering responsibilities with other Operation’s secretaries.
- Coordinate vacation, start/end of workday, and lunch hours.
- It is important to be at your workstation as much as possible to insure that calls and matters that arise are taken care of as soon as possible.
- Photocopying and Filing.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Excellent Phone skills, Good Common Sense, Can set the tone in a letter both grammatically and politically, Corporate Dress/Corporate Atmosphere, Travel, PowerPoint Presentation, Good Listening Skills, Works well without supervision, Can take direction w/o follow up, Excellent Communication Skills. PowerPoint/Excellent w/Micro Soft Word / Excel/ Internet.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. TURNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The company’s 5000+ employees perform work on...