If you are a person who is passionate about identifying problems and coming up with the best solutions, Indeed is looking for you.
As a member of the Aggregation Operations team in Austin, you will be responsible for aggregating job content from over 50,000 job sites globally with that goal that all jobs on Indeed sites reflect the most accurate and up-to-date information. You will be supporting our Client Services and International teams locally and around the world. You will also work with our Austin-based technical team to escalate issues, report bugs and define requirements for new features.
- Study the HTML/CSS layout of job sites in order to make informed, creative decisions regarding how to capture current and future job data
- Become an expert on Indeed’s aggregation system and provide technical training to users on how to utilize the system most efficiently in terms of both time spent and processing power
- Investigate problems with aggregation system execution. Analyze findings to generate product enhancement suggestions
- Write SQL queries, ranging from simple to complex, that can be used (and reused) when investigating data discrepancies
We're looking for someone who :
- Has an indefatigable interest in how data is stored, displayed, and transmitted over the web
- Identifies the quickest solution but still strives for the best solution
- Is inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Can read between the lines, recognize patterns, and dig in to get at the root of a problem
- Is comfortable handling a large number of concurrent requests and re-prioritizing as necessary
- Takes pride in finding ways to improve upon internal processes and tools
- Is passionate about helping users get the most out of their job search experience
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical users
- Experience documenting processes
- Detail-oriented with exceptional follow-up skills
- Experience navigating large log files using terminal commands
- Familiarity with HTTP and FTP protocols
- Background in a support role or with a consumer-facing web company a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and scripting languages is necessary; knowledge of SQL is strongly preferred; knowledge of Regular Expressions is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 - 5 years of relevant professional experience
How to Apply :
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered.
Submit a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Create an Indeed Resume if you do not already have one. Copy and paste the URL of your Indeed Resume into the cover letter.
In your cover letter, provide a Python script which would return the second page of job listings for this job site: https://www.besmith.com/candidates/search-listings
Indeed - 23 months ago
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 150 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. Job...