has built a reputation for providing innovative and timely solutions.
Our engineers are highly skilled and experienced in their fields and can handle nearly any type of custom, system level programming and hardware design, including embedded systems software, USB device driver development and support, device driver programming and custom firmware development.
System-Level Software Engineer
Location: Greer, SC
What We Do
We develop custom
software, including device drivers, firmware, embedded applications, protocol stacks, board support packages, and custom interfaces. We specialize in wireless communications for military and embedded systems. We tackle hard problems and exceed customer expectations while delivering quality results. What you achieve at Teligy impacts communication and mission critical systems around the world.
How You Can Help
We are seeking a talented
professional who specializes in system-level development (device drivers, firmware, embedded systems) to serve as a key member of the engineering team. This individual will be responsible for developing and supporting user mode applications, device drivers, and firmware for a wide variety of systems, including networking and communication hardware and software products. These responsibilities include the design and development of protocols and algorithms for a variety of technologies, including USB, PCI, 802. 11/ WLAN, Ethernet, VoIP, Bluetooth, cellular/ wireless, and/ or broadband communications. This individual must be able to communicate effectively with clients and be attentive to customer satisfaction.
The candidate should possess the following skills (specializing in Windows and/ or Linux development):
Desired Skills (Linux focus)
- Strong C/ C+ + programming experience.
- Windows Kernel Programming (XP, Vista, Windows 7: 32 and 64 bit)
- Experience with WinDBG
- Experience with Device Drivers
- Application development (C/ C+ + , Win32)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Superior problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Desired Skills (General)
- Linux kernel programming, embedded Linux
- Experience with multiple Linux distributions (Montavista, Ubuntu, OpenEmbedded, Red Hat, Buildroot, etc. )
- Embedded Linux development for a variety of platforms (ARM, MIPS, x86, PowerPC, etc. ) and board support packages
must be a U.S
in order to meet the minimum requirement to obtain the required clearance.
- Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware (one or more of the following: device drivers, firmware, embedded systems)
- Experience with real time and multithreaded applications
5+ years experience developing system level software
- Experience performing architectural definition, documentation, and development at the system level
- Reverse Engineering (IDA Pro, Ollydbg, etc. )
- Communication protocol experience (designing, implementing)
Salary & Benefits
Teligy offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. Benefit package includes: Relocation Incentive Bonus, 401(k), Health Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...