Responsible for producing accurate separations for flexographic/rotogravure printing applications through the utilization of Adobe and Esko-Artwork software. This is the first level of professionalism for a Graphics Technician.
1. To develop production art files per specifications and procedures using Adobe Illustrator
2. Apply trapping to art per specifications and procedures
3. To perform step and repeat and apply press marks per specifications and procedures
4. To perform final quality inspection of digital imaging files
5. To generate any job deliverables to include, but not limited to proofs and files
6. Any other duties assigned as temporary or routine related to their job description.
Education & Experience Required
A two-year degree or two years of college with emphasis on Prepress/Printing
A four-year degree or four years of college with emphasis on Prepress/Printing
Or a minimum of two years of experience working in the Prepress/Printing industry
Skills & Abilities Needed
A comprehensive knowledge of the printing and packaging processes is a plus.
Effective communications skills, both oral and written, to successfully interact with Bemis Graphics personnel.
Knowledge of Esko Bitmap viewer and/or Esko Backstage an advantage.
Ability to work in multi-task, multi-priority, high volume, and high velocity environment.
Exhibits conscientious attention to detail.
Able and willing to work over-time on planned or short-notice, to complete given projects, or to respond to surges, seasonal or otherwise, in business volume.
Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat
Bemis - 3 years ago
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products,...