JOB SUMMARY: Through insurance sales and marketing experience, learns how to effectively produce new business by building customer relationships and increasing total written premium through effective agency/book of business management.
RELATIONSHIP: Managed by Agency Development Sales Managers/Sales Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: none
1. Learns how to effectively create and maintain an on-going pro-active business plan that includes the operational model and success measures necessary to build and grow a profitable Nationwide book of business.
2. Learns how to install sales processes and effectively drive sales results. Grow the book of business in accordance with the business plan.
3. Becomes adept at installing and implementing effective prospecting, referral processes, and marketing programs, including community involvement and centers of influence activities.
4. Becomes proficient in installing and managing on-going customer retention programs.
5. Becomes proficient / knowledgeable in Nationwide products, systems, processes, and accounting practices to prepare to manage independently in the future.
6. Becomes adept at installing and managing effective customer service processes that will deliver upon Nationwide¿s On Your Side commitment to customers and policyholders.
7. Learns how to establish processes to effectively underwrite the business being sold within the agency to ensure quality and appropriate pricing, in accordance with all Nationwide underwriting standards.
8. Acquires knowledge around how to manage the loss ratio of the book of business in accordance with Nationwide standards.
9. Implements and manages the day to day administrative processes necessary to run the agency. Ensure all compliance and fiduciary standards are maintained.
10. Learns how to monitor and assess the agency development budget to ensure that acquisition costs align with the business plan.
11. Successfully completes all the training courses and requirements needed to run an agency.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelors degree in insurance, business, finance, marketing or related discipline preferred.
Licensing: Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: Three to five years of sales or related business experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage processes and people a plus. Prior entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge and success in sales. Understand basic small business processes and administration. An understanding of social media techniques and how they can be used to expand business opportunities is highly desirable.
Skills: Proficiency in business software programs such as Microsoft Office is highly desirable.
Competencies: Assignment Management, Sales Opportunity Analysis, Expanding and Advancing Opportunities, Sales Disposition, Sustaining Customer Satisfaction.
Overtime Eligibility: Non-exempt (Eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal small office environment; will share space with 1-8 other Agency Capital Builders/Trainees. Occasional travel may be required for sales training and development. Weekend work hours are required.
May be required to operate an automobile and have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 23 months ago