Title: Desk Clerk/Shuttle Van Driver
Department: Goldbelt Hotel
Category: Regular Full & Part-time/Seasonal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: DOE Date Approved: 09/13/2013
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Director of Operations/General Manager
Performs sales and customer service functions related to guest registration, inputs & processes reservations and revenue collections from guest in a manner that will ensure guests receive a secure place to stay with friendly, attentive service. Assists Goldbelt Hotel guests with luggage and shuttle service in a friendly, courteous, safe and professional manner. Maintains meeting rooms, including cleaning, setup and breakdown of events, and assists in keeping Goldbelt Hotel lobby and parking lot in a clean and orderly condition.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Recognize, greet and extend hospitality towards guests. Offer a high level of customer service by anticipating guests needs, respond appropriately to information requests and guest complaints.
- Effectively use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and make advance reservations. Promote the restaurant and other specified company marketing programs.
- Operate the front desk office equipment such as the computer, telephones, calculators, two-way radio, fax/copier etc.
- Strong telephone skills required. Must have the ability to handle heavy volume of calls during the peak season.
- Establishes a positive work environment and an attitude of exceptional guest service.
- Ensure guest satisfaction while answering questions, delivering guest luggage, towels, irons, blankets, etc., to room, or other assignments in a knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Accurately and efficiently collect and post revenues from room rentals, food.
- Assist in providing security for guests’ privacy and the hotel in general by controlling room keys, verifying cash banks, making safe drops, preparing cash reports, balance shift correctly, follow credit card verification procedures and report out of the ordinary activities.
- Complete paperwork necessary for front desk operation (i.e. registration folios, credit card receipts, cashier reports, room reports, maintenance of log, reservations, etc.).
- Transport Goldbelt hotel guest to and from the airport, or other approved locations, in a friendly, courteous, safe and professional manner. Document all trips prior to the start of and at the conclusion of each trip.
- Assists Hotel Management in running errands with company van. Refuel van as necessary.
- Inspect property vehicles for damage and cleanliness.
- Maintain meeting rooms, including cleaning, setup and breakdown of events.
- Ensures the hotel lobby is clean by vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, cleaning, polishing furniture and fixtures in lobby, etc.
- Ensures sidewalks are clear of debris and snow for guest safety and satisfaction.
- Gather and empty trash in the lobby and meeting rooms.
- Occasionally will be required to train other employees, inspect a room prior to rental, work with VIP customers.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations and guest service; the ability to step in and perform the necessary work at a moment’s notice.
- Knowledge of local recreation options, restaurants, and other local opportunities and the ability to communicate this information to guests.
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours, the night shift, and at times, a six-day work week; to work under stress and with patience and tolerance as a means to maintain sufficient operational coverage.
- Excellent customer service/guest relations, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees by promoting team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all associates.
- Ability to meet time and attendance requirements by being reliable and punctual.
- Must be able work well under pressure while being detail oriented.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow oral and written instructions/directions.
- Skill in operating personal computer utilizing a variety of computer software.
- Ability to follow through and accomplish goals.
- Ability to independently solve problems using good judgment and creativity.
- Knowledge of state driving practices and laws.
- Skill in operating cleaning equipment, such as vacuum, mop,
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
- Must be available to work all shifts including holidays and weekends
- High School Diploma (HSD) or General Equivalency Degree (GED); and one (1) year of experience in the hospitality industry, or customer service related employment; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education AND
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record AND
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Certificate from a Vocational Educational Facility in Hospitality Services
- Two (2) years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
Standard hotel environment including restaurant, bar, and front desk areas; prolonged walking and standing. The hotel is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
CLOSING DATE: Open until position filled.
Goldbelt, Inc. - 10 months ago