Travel Research Apprentice® - Washington DC-1215813
Do you have what it takes to change the way people see Travel Consultants? Do you have capabilities of innovating, introducing new technologies, increasing efficiency and productivity, or generating new products/services for the travel industry? Are you ready to bring a little Vuja de to the travel world? Then apply to become a Travel Research Apprentice® (TRA) with American Express Consumer Travel Network (CTN). This intensive program (up to 12 months) will give you the skills needed to become a travel consultant and ultimately a travel industry leader for the next generation. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to apprentice with and be mentored by high-producing Travel Consultants while crafting a signature destination specialty. Candidates must arrive ready to impress with exceptional customer service skills and a self-starter attitude. Basic geography knowledge, great communications skills and a passion for travel are required. If you are up for the challenge and aspire to revolutionize the travel industry, then we want to talk to you. Apply on-line today!!
Travel Research Apprentice® is responsible for the following:
Candidate will also back-up sales and support of American Express Travel Financial Services. Duties may include answering telephone inquiries pertaining to travel financial services/products and cross selling travel products/services.
- Assisting a team consisting of Travel Counselors and Financial Service Representatives
- Research emerging destinations and cutting-edge hotel properties
- Discover how to be an evolutionary insider
- Develop customer experiences using specialized computer systems (Sabre, Jupiter and Express change)
- Own the planning, research and execution of customized travel experiences
- Engagement in extensive required training and company meetings
- Use consulting techniques to qualify prospective customers
- Provide excellent customer service
- Create innovation and change by offering new innovative ideas with a focus on results and motivating the team to do the same
- Demonstrate leadership and self starter skills in all capacities
- Strong teamwork to ensure each customer receives the best service possible
Travel Research Apprentices are trained to be the next generation of Travel Consultants. Please copy and paste the following link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlGcnEdqDgU&feature=em-uploademail, into your web browser to view a YouTube video about the day in the life of a Travel Counselor.
Will you create extraordinary travel experiences for our customers too? If so, please apply online today.
BENEFITS - (Based on individual elections)
To learn more, please go to, www.americanexeress.com/careers
- Competitive salary;
- Exceptional cash incentive bonus programs and recognition programs;
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1);
- Generous vacation and vacation purchase plan;
- 401(k) WITH company match of 5% after 6 months;
- Excellent growth opportunity such as; paid training programs, tuition assistance, and ongoing Travel Counselor education;
- Legal assistance, pet insurance, life and disability insurance;
- Medical and dependent care reimbursement programs;
- Domestic partner benefits.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Travel Research Apprentice® must have a passion to surpass client expectations and provide the ultimate in customer service.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Internet research
- Previous experience in travel, hospitality or finance industries preferred
- Basic Typing skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills - must be a team player
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Fluent in a second language is a plus
- Experience with cash handling, banking, and/or foreign currency, preferred
Primary Location: US-District of Columbia-Washington
American Express - 2 years ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...