As a Benefits Assistant, you will work as a member of the HR Benefits team to implement JBS USA’s health and welfare strategies. We are responsible for providing benefits for sixty thousand employees and their dependents with a budget of over two hundred and fifty million dollars. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, disability payments, and life insurance.
- Strong interpersonal communication, both verbal and written.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Both the ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering collaboration and cultivating relationships, as well as the ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
- The proven ability to complete multiple tasks on time in an intense environment.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and commitment to task.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Experience with SAP queries and transactions.
- Experience with Excel, including formulas and pivot tables.
Support the administration of JBS’ corporate benefit plans and programs. This may include any of the following:
- Provide customer service for JBS employees, including answering emails and phone calls.
- Process individual claims for disability, life, and other offered benefits.
- Assist in the enrollment of employees and their dependents in the plans.
- Support during both ad hoc and annual enrollments.
- Prepare elements of the communications strategy.
- Use SAP to monitor and correct enrollment errors.
- Perform other administrative tasks, such as employee billing and QMCSO enrolling.
- Submit vendor invoices approved by a Benefit Analyst for payment.
- Prepare and deliver various reports to management.
- Accept the delegation of responsibilities from management and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of requested tasks.
- Work with a high level of interest, energy and enthusiasm to meet or exceed manager’s expectations.
- Communicate and work well with colleagues at all levels and be a team player.
- Develop a foundational knowledge and basic skills in all aspects of health and welfare.
JBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JBS - 9 months ago