The Quality Assurance Inspector will work closely with the Quality Engineer and will be responsible for monitoring and improving supplier performance under the direction of the Engineering Manager. Will also be responsible for auditing existing supplier parts and insuring that there is a consistent quality expectation across the supplier base.
• Establishes and maintains a quality system to monitor supplier quality and defects. Develop root cause analysis procedures to resolve quality issues.
• Implements and maintains rating systems that can be used internally or externally for supply base.
• Develops and carries out supplier improvement programs using the above data to target improvement activities in supply base performance.
• Identifies supplier strengths and weaknesses. Share strengths with operations and suppliers as appropriate.
• Is a significant contributor to the overall quality of our products. Ensures that initial sample runs and first articles go smoothly.
• Communicate with Suppliers to ensure their products meet CLARK quality expectations.
• Gives feedback to necessary departments on the problems discovered such as incorrect or incomplete drawings or other issues.
• Read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
• Layout/inspect parts and assemblies to identify root cause of problems.
• Solicit input from Purchasing, Engineering, Supplier Quality and suppliers to determine rework or scrap of non-conforming material.
• Use standard measuring and test equipment including torque wrenches, micrometers, multi-meters, calipers, durometers, thread gauges, hardness testers, verniers, coordinate measuring equipment.
• Track defects by developing and maintaining charts/logs with the aid of a PC for feedback to appropriate personnel.
• Document and record issues found on other Clark factory trucks and parts. Keep thorough records of costs and expenses relating to the rework of all Clark products. Send detailed emails and fill out corrective actions or non conforming forms and send to affiliates. Then summarize all issues and make quarterly reports.
• Attend QA meetings, take minutes, keep track of action items, and solve any CLARK supplier related issues.
• Prior Quality experience in a manufacturing environment, with a technical degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of inspection techniques.
• Proven track record of process and quality improvements.
• Understanding of ERP systems in multi-site environment.
• Cross functional experience giving a broad appreciation of business needs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others internally and externally at various levels of the organization through clear, concise writing and telephone usage with influencing skills.
• Ability to handle volume and mix of assignments on a daily basis.
• Must have efficient Computer skills and be able to create forms, spreadsheets, reports and presentations.
• Must have good interpersonal skills, and good analytical skills.
• Ability to lift and move parts up to 50lb.
• Excellent Blue Print reading skills
• Working knowledge of small hand tools, inspection techniques, and quality control gages.
• Strong Statistical Analysis skills
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or duties
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.
Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business.
CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Sherry Myers, PHR
Human Resources Manager
CLARK Material Handling Company
700 Enterprise Drive
Lexington, KY 40510
Phone: (859) 422-6537
Fax: (859) 422-7476
Mobile (859) 619-9422
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org