A Director serves as a member of the regional team under the direction of the Regional Director. This leadership role represents AdvancED within the assigned territory and develops and implements effective strategic plans encompassing accreditation reviews, compliance, policies and regulations and provides technical assistance and professional development and delivery. A successful Director utilizes current knowledge and expertise to enhance AdvancED’s impact on schools, districts and the accreditation industry at large.
- Provides significant leadership to the AdvancED managing office team
- Leads, manages and motivates the office team members to excel individually and collectively.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of office support staff, as appropriate.
- Establishes and manages budgets efficiently and effectively.
- Contributes in meaningful collaboration with other directors in the region and throughout the organization.
- Designs, implements and drives the strategic plans for the AdvancED managing office to promote continuous improvement.
- Maintains and strengthens efficient and effective working relationships with key education agencies in the area (such as a State Department of Education or Ministries of Education, area colleges and universities, and teacher and administrator organizations).
- Implements the AdvancED Accreditation Process in the state, ensuring that all AdvancED schools/systems are adhering to the AdvancED standards and policies.
- Manages, schedules, and oversees AdvancED External Reviews.
- Manages, maintains, and grows the area’s trained External Review capacity and extended volunteer base.
- Evaluates the performance quality of Lead Evaluators and volunteers for the managing area.
- Ensures schools/districts are well-informed of AdvancED issues, policies, and communications.
- Provides quality services and professional learning opportunities to all AdvancED schools/districts.
- Initiates outreach to non-network schools/districts to promote awareness and expansion of the AdvancED network.
- Serves as an expert in the knowledge and understanding of all area-specific governmental requirements and regulations.
- Manages the AdvancED Council advisory body to support the accreditation work of the managing office.
- Extensive knowledge base of current issues in education, accreditation, public and private school and system improvement, research, and evaluation;
- Knowledge of the significant public and nonpublic school issues specific to the territory;
- Knowledge of and connections with key state education associations and agencies and their leaders;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and take personal initiative to promote AdvancED;
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, prepare and implement quality plans;
- Ability to deliver high quality professional development through oral and written presentations;
- Ability to organize, manage, and implement multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and other software and web-based applications.
- Positive feedback from customer surveys.
- Increase in the number of educational institutions served when appropriate.
- Positive cash flow and increase in revenue.
Annual Travel Requirements
- Support and contribute to the Mission, Vision and Core Values of AdvancED
Qualifications and Experience
- Approximately 50% travel annually
- A proven track record of successfully assessing schools’/districts’ needs to improve student performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Expertise in designing, executing and accomplishing strategic plans which substantively contribute to the attainment of the organizations goals and objectives.
- A minimum of an
earned Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
with graduate work in a field related to the functions of the position.
AdvancED is the world's largest education community, serving over 32,000 institutions in more than 70 countries educating over 20 million students. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of the three national accreditation agencies — the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). The AdvancED Accreditation Process, a protocol embraced around the world, is a clear and comprehensive program of evaluation and external review, supported by high quality standards and dedicated to helping schools, school systems and education providers continuously improve. AdvancED's position as a thought leader in education continues to expand as we provide a national and international voice to inform and influence policy and practice on issues related to education quality. Our research results help us shape educational policy and strengthen learning practices worldwide.
The vision of AdvancED is to advance excellence in education worldwide so that every student is prepared for success in an ever-changing and diverse world. We work to achieve our vision by providing schools and systems with accreditation, research and professional services.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references via e-mail to Leonard Paul ( email@example.com ), Northwest Regional Director by close of business on Monday, September 30 , 2013.