The Security Supervisor II supervises Security Coordinators and Officers, contacts other departments regarding safety or security problems and assures safety of patients, visitors and hospital personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises subordinate personnel in the day-to-day work assignments of patrolling the hospital complex. Evaluates the effectiveness of assignments and training needs of security personnel.
2. Conducts periodic evaluations of subordinate personnel and make recommendations regarding promotion from officer to supervisor at the request of the Senior Supervisor. Instructs security personnel of their duties and tests their knowledge of their duties. Initiates disciplinary actions when warranted.
3. Implements policies and procedures for Security Department.
4. Makes frequent personnel inspections of the general appearance of security personnel. Initiates request for uniform replacement by subordinate personnel.
5. Conducts inspection of department records for completeness and accuracy as directed by Security Director, Security Operations manager or Senior Supervisor. Examines specific items of equipment for availability, serviceability and proper care as directed by Director or Operations Manager.
6. Submits reports on above inspections or examinations as required. Prepares investigative reports of neglect of duty or improper performance by subordinates.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of Security Department's responsibilities in emergency situations. Responds to alarm conditions for the purpose of providing supervision and aid during emergency situations.
8. Checks parking lot cash as required, collects fees and releases cars from parking lot after closing. Checks patrol sheets, which ensure that complete rounds are made by officers, as directed by Senior Security Supervisor.
9. Notifies security personnel on their tour of scheduled hearing or other related notifications.
10. Cooperates with other departments and agencies in accomplishing objectives.
11. Conducts investigations of incidents for purpose of filing reports by talking to hospital staff, patients, and visitors.
12. Effectively manages the tour as evidenced by use of established staffing models, equitable distribution of posts and other assignments, overtime and time off.
13. Directly supervises security operations on the tour by answering effective patrols and response as evidenced by security reminder activity, safe and emergency response as well as the number and adequacy of positive staff contacts.
14. Supervises on the job performance and conducts training to improve performance as evidenced by results of quality assurance testing, after event evaluation of actual incidents and report quality.
15. Improves morale and work place environment by rapid attention to uniform and equipment needs, adherence of individuals to appearance standards and constant monitoring of work sites and locker rooms for cleanliness and maintenance.
16. Improves communication on the tour by conduct of at least semi-annual feedback sessions with a coordination of officers on the tour. Results of the exchange of ideas will be reported to the Senior Supervisor. Conducts other information sharing sessions.
17. Increases personal professional skills by providing input on operational issues, completion of timely and well considered evaluations on subordinates and by taking positive steps in the recognition and resolution of complaints and inequities.
18. Responds to and direct security personnel in serious situations maintaining liaison with non-security personnel and ensuring complete reporting and documentation.
19. Performs other duties as required.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
High School graduate
6 months of security-related training
Mount Sinai Medical Center