Edward Waters College will become a national model for dynamic, globally-diverse learning-centered community that champions academic excellence through innovative teaching and learning strategies under-girded by a spirit of servant leadership.
Edward Waters College is currently seeking a SPANISH INSTRUCTOR for its Upward Bound Program
Job Number: E12-024
Job Status: Temporary
Job Category: Technical/Professional
Shift: Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT
Program Start: June 18, 2012
Program End: July 27, 2012
Program Length: 6 weeks
Relocation: Not Available
With limited guidance, the Spanish Instructor is responsible to instruct 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students in the area of the Spanish language. The instructor is responsible for developing, planning and providing guidance to identify and strengthen academic weaknesses, study habits skills and preparation for state standardized testing.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and maintains a foreign language curriculum.
2. Facilitates tutoring sessions and workshops.
3. Submits weekly and monthly student progress reports.
4. Completes written evaluations of student academic progress.
5. Maintains student records including attendance.
6. Administers academic assessment instruments.
7. Serves as chaperone during summer program field trips.
8. Works with instructional staff to develop and implement program curriculum.
9. Assists in the preparation of monthly progress reports to comply with annual reporting requirements.
10. Attends the end of academic year banquet.
11. Attends at least one student activity not related to the teaching assignment.
12. Communicates regularly with supervisor and instructors about student needs, progress and achievement.
13. Becomes familiar with, remains current, supports, and ensures compliance with all College policies and procedures.
14. Demonstrates proficiency in our professional competency areas which are business mindset, communication, customer focus, drives for results and teamwork.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Possesses a Bachelor's degree in education or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
2. Teaching certification in area of speciality.
3. Minimum of three years of progressive experience teaching or counseling disadvantaged youth.
4. Must be computer literate and possess a novice to intermediate working knowledge of the Internet, Windows and Microsoft software applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
5. Creativity, flexibility and strength in multi-tasking.
6. Commitment to exemplary service and support to program participants.
7. Must be able to pass pre and post employment assessments, mandatory criminal background, credentialing and reference checks.
1. Student Service Orientation. Proactively develops student relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the student; anticipates and provides solutions to student needs; gives high priority to student satisfaction.
2. Impact. Creates a good first impression; commands attention and respect; shows an appropriate air of confidence.
3. Initiative. Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; acts proactively.
4. Integrity. Maintains and promotes social, ethical and institutional norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration. Works effectively with teams, work groups or those outside formal line of authority to accomplish institutional goals; takes actions that respect the needs and contribution of others; contributes to and accepts the consensus; subordinates own objectives to the objective of the institution or team.
Be sure to mention JOB NUMBER E12-024 when you send your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF INQUIRIES THE COLLEGE RECEIVES ON A DAILY BASIS, ONLY APPLICANTS IDENTIFIED TO ADVANCE IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE CONTACTED.
No phone calls please.
EWC offers a competitive total rewards package for all full-time positions. We are a drug and smoke free campus.
Learn more about our institution at www.ewc.edu .
Discover If EWC is for YOU!
Our Mission & Values
Our Performance Expectations
What to Expect If Contacted to Continue in the Interview & Selection Process
Edward Waters College is a small private, Christian, Historically Black, Urban, Liberal Arts College that offers quality baccalaureate degree programs. The College strives to prepare students holistically to advance in a global society through the provision of intellectually stimulating programs and an environment which emphasizes high moral and spiritual values in keeping with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Edward Waters College seeks to develop excellence in scholarship, research and service for the betterment of humanity.
HigherEdJobs - 12 months ago