1) Utilize lubrication/tribology concepts and applications to establish a technically sound lubrication program that will ensure improved equipment performance and reliability
2) Confer with contractors, vendors, and other plant personnel to discuss existing or potential engineering projects, repairs or modifications
3) Design, implement, maintain, and improve mechanical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial purposes including bulk material handling, fluid, and power train systems and equipment specification and selection
4) Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform design and supportive engineering tasks
5) Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with regulations, codes, specifications, and Company requirements
6) Perform detailed calculations to compute, establish, and prepare construction and installation standards and specifications
7) Inspect in-progress and completed installations to observe operations, ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and verify compliance with operational and safety standards
8) Supervise and train project team members as required
9) Oversee and/or support project efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
10) Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications of mechanical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to regulations, codes, specifications, and Company requirements
11) Plan long-term layout of mechanical equipment and systems, material handling and storage
12) Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs for assigned projects
13) Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects
14) Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
15) Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
16) Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
17) Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job
18) Establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them.
19) Analyze available current and historical data to develop reviews of equipment failures and identify existing and potential areas of failure
20) Assist with driving sustainability and reliability of plant equipment
21) Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
22) Perform other duties as assigned
1) Determine causes of equipment malfunctions and define corrective actions
2) Appropriately m anage one's time and the time of others
3) Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
4) Obtain and see to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
5) Determine how money will be spent to get work done, and account for those expenditures
6) Analyze gaps in the application of lubrication Best Practices and develop/implement necessary changes across multiple sites and platforms to achieve performance targets
Knowledge, Experience, Education
1) Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design, maintenance, and performance improvement of various equipment and systems.
2) Practical knowledge of the following reliability improvement tools as a minimum:
o Lubrication applications and lubricant analysis
o Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
o Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
o Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
o Predictive technologies including: vibration, thermography, ultrasound, and others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering school (Master’s degree a plus)
- Minimum of 8 years of formal experience in heavy industrial/mining mechanical engineering design and/or application
- Professional engineer’s license a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written policies, procedures, specifications, drawings, and contract documents
- Red/green and blue/violet discrimination required
- Accurate night vision required
- Ability to hear whispered voices at 3 feet required
- Ability to use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
- Frequent fine motor skills required
- Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to climb vertical stairs
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.