POSTED: Jun 29
Salary: Open Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Employer: Amon Carter Museum Type: Full Time - Experienced
Category: Education Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Public Programs Manager. The Amon Carter Museum is seeking a Public Programs Manager to develop and implement a broad range of public programs and resources designed to assist visitors of all ages and abilities, including adults, children, and families, to experience and understand the Carter's collections and special exhibitions. Programs and resources should effectively serve the Carter's existing visitors and seek to bring in new audiences.
Duties include: 1. Work collaboratively with museum staff, individuals, and organizations to conceptualize, plan, execute, and evaluate exhibition- and collection-driven public programs, gallery guides, and hands-on activities for a variety of audiences including adults, children, and families.
2. Design accessible programs and services for adults and children.
3. Maintain the public programs calendar and program attendance statistics and evaluation data.
4. Build audiences for public programs by working cooperatively with the Public Information Officer and the Head of Education to generate promotional and marketing copy for printed and electronic publications.
5. Work closely with the education team to generate creative ideas for programs and services for a variety of audiences.
6. Work with the Head of Education and the Director of Development to secure funding for public programs. Ensure that all funding stipulations are fulfilled in compliance with program grants.
7. Maintain public programs budget; contact presenters about programs; produce presenter correspondence, contracts, and travel itineraries; maintain presenter and program files; produce check requests and purchase orders and obtain vendor bids in compliance with museum purchasing system guidelines.
8. Coordinate program staffing needs with the Head of Education and recruit, coordinate, and oversee volunteers and Education staff helping with public programs.
Application Deadline: July 20, 2009. Please submit letter describing your interest in the position and related skills and experience as they relate to the position, a r