BASIC FUNCTION: The Night Auditor will ensure that all daily transactions are reconciled and accounted for in accordance with set policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v High school graduate or equivalent.
v College degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
v Extensive knowledge of Maestro Front Office System.
v Complete understanding of all POS systems and how they maintain & process information.
v Knowledge of MICROS & PARS POS systems and procedures to process nightly reports, backups, etc.
v Basic IBM PC skills.
v Knowledge of Excel, including but not limited to formulas and spreadsheet integration.
1. Work with Night Audit supervisor & assist other Night Audit staff to ensure accurate and timely recording of daily outlet totals that information is recorded properly.
2. Assist in the closing of daily work for all outlets and posting correct daily totals. Balance Maestro Room Charges with Micros & Pars Room & House Charge Totals.
3. Perform daily backups on systems and perform any necessary maintenance when situations arise.
4. Input all POS summary information into daily excel revenue spreadsheet & post daily revenue into CSS, accounting software.
5. Balance daily credit card postings and transmit through the Guest Plus & PB Admin systems for settlement.
6. Provide backup for Front Office and Communications during their scheduled breaks and provide assistance as needed.
7. Insure proper distribution of daily reports in a timely manner and that all accounting reports are filed away properly.
8. Notify proper outlets when discrepancies arise. Follow up with the Night Audit Supervisor and document situations.
9. Perform all activities in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
1. Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Assistant Controller, Night Audit Supervisor, and Income Auditor.
2. In the absence of Night Audit Supervisor, be responsible for all aspects of the nightly audit functions.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 17 months ago