Matheson Inc. is looking for experienced Part-Time Class A Truck Drivers in Mitchell, SD.
Class A Truck Drivers who are self-motivated and career-minded are invited to apply.
Are you tired of being a “number” and ready to join a company that recognizes you as an individual? Do you feel undervalued and rarely appreciated? Do you want to be part of a team of highly-skilled professionals?
If you answered ‘YES’ to these questions and meet the following requirements, we want you to be a part of our family!
- Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions following signals from loading crew while checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport using ropes, blocks, chains, binders or covers.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment as necessary.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing light bulbs or tire chains.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS), or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
Compensation: Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination.
- CDL Driver’s License
- 2 years recent Class A driving experience
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer.
Matheson Inc. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Matheson Inc. is comprised of three operating divisions. Matheson Postal Services contracts with the USPS to haul mail over the road....