Work for an organization with a name synonymous with progressive technology. The Kim Komando Show has an excellent opportunity for an experienced in-house Ruby developer to help us on several fun, on-going projects. The ideal candidate for this position will have a very strong work ethic, attention to detail, a positive attitude and comfortable in a "high-octane" environment. Selected candidate(s) need experience in the entire software development lifecycle including: requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment. This position is full time, located onsite in our Phoenix, Arizona, studios with hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
This position involves creating several Sinatra/Rack/Ruby applications to support high-volume traffic stores and content-based websites. You will write and test Ruby code for web applications and APIs. To perform this job successfully, you must be able to inspire development and be a strategic thinker that can shape knowledge of technologies into business solutions.
We're looking to expand our team. If selected for a second round of review, you will be tested by team members competent to evaluate your skills to ensure that you are a good fit.
- Thorough knowledge of & competency with Ruby 1.93
- Thorough knowledge of & competency with Sinatra 1.3/DataMapper 1.2 or Rails 3.2/ActiveRecord 3.2
- Proficiency using Linux operating systems and ssh
- 2 years of experience on commercial or open source projects
Highly Preferred Skills:
Desirable, but not required: Experience with
- Knowledge of fundamentals and use of Git
- Competency with Rails 3
- Competency with Builder and ERB
- Capable of understanding and implementing project requirements
- Writes efficient code
- Documents code effectively, clearly and concisely
- Willing to learn new things
- Competency with unit testing, functional testing, stress testing, and alpha/beta testing
- Competency creating ruby gems
You'll work for WestStar Multimedia featuring The Kim Komando Show, the nation's largest syndicated weekend talk radio show. You'll implement new features and work with a team to bring our and other client's brand new websites to life.
- CAS: Centralized Authentication Services
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance and employer-matching 401k. WestStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email a cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position, along with a current resume and salary needs (required to be considered) to:
We are conveniently located in Central Phoenix near SR-51. PLEASE NOTE: LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. This is a full-time, on-site, 8-5 position. Please do not contact us if you are interested in contract work, telecommuting/working from home, or not able to work our complete, regular work-day hours.
WestStar Multimedia Entertainment, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard